Date: March 19, 2020 | 9.00 am
There has been an increase in proposed and actual asset divestments by the Oil Majors in the Nigerian oil and gas industry. These divestments form part of their efforts to reduce their commitment to onshore and shallow water fields, transfer their resources to other lucrative regions and refocus their portfolios towards growth investments in prolific offshore fields. The divestments are also a reaction to security, policy and regulatory challenges and uncertainties.
These divestments by the Majors are not in the range that holds the interest of other IOC’s in Nigeria . The future strategy for IOC’s in Nigeria still leans towards further divestments from onshore and shallow water fields and a focus on bigger and more stable deep offshore production.
Consequently, local Nigerian companies are positioned to acquire majority of the blocks relinquished by the Majors, with the likelihood of an increase in acquisitions in the next few years, thereby creating new opportunities for local contractors and their respective financiers. Production by indigenous companies is further expected to grow as the asset divestment process continues to gather momentum.
The 2020 Oloibiri Lecture and Energy Forum will discuss the current status of these acquisitions and divestments in the industry, the drivers, constraints , solutions on offer and opportunities available, especially for indigenous players.
The theme will be discussed along following perspectives:
- Divestment of oil and Gas Assets in Nigeria: Offering & Obtaining Fair Market Value in the Sale of Assets;
- Policy, Legal, Regulatory, Ethical and other challenges in the divestment process and the way forward.
- Acquisition of oil and gas assets: Deriving Optimum Value from Acquired assets; Valuation,
- Operational and Capacity challenges and solutions
- Effective Regulation of the Acquisition and Divestment Processes: Challenges & Solutions
- Promoting Local Content in the ownership and Management of Assets & Developing a Viable Supply Chain in-Country: Drawbacks & the Way Forward
- Deriving Economic Value & Revenue to the State from the Operations of Divested assets: Challenges and Opportunities for Value Optimization
- Financing Asset Acquisition & Development: Challenges and Opportunities
For sponsorship, kindly download the pack HERE