SPE Nigeria Council Call for Nomination
NOMINATION IS OPEN FROM NOV. 1- 30, 2019
SPE Nigeria Council Vice Chair Nomination Committee is pleased to announce that SPE Nigeria Council is accepting nominations to its Council Leadership position - 2020/2021 Council Vice Chairman.
In line with the Nigeria Council Operating Guidelines, please note that nominees must be SPE Nigeria sections member resident in Nigeria and shall fulfill the following criteria.
- An SPE member in good standing and registered in any Section in Nigeria
- A Section Director who has previously served as Section officer
- Must have participated in Section and Council activities for 2 years in the last 5 years
- Must have support from his/her company, as applicable
- Must have high industry profile and track record of commitment to SPE
A member (professional member only) shall only make one nomination for the advertised position. Please, nominate and help create a robust pool of nominees from which the nomination committee will make a selection.
Nominations for the open position will be accepted through 30 November 2019 and not later than 12.00 (GMT +1) midnight of same day.
- Issue Call: November 1, 2019
- Close Call: December 1, 2019
- Selection Process: December 1, 2019 – January 15, 2020
- Council/BOT Ratification: By January 2020 Meeting
- Announce: February 1, 2020
- Close process: February 15, 2020
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact SPE Secretariat, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +234.809.655.5168.
- Fill out the online nomination form and submit supporting documents for each of the positions: CV, resume, and letters of support.
- Position open to nomination:
- 2020/2021 Council Vice Chairman
About SPE Nigeria Council
SPE Nigeria Council is governed by a 19-member Leadership Council composed of member representatives from the SPE sections within Nigeria. Each of the SPE's Section within the geographical boundary of Nigeria are represented by at least 3 members each (Section Chair, Immediate Past & Section Programs Chair or any other senior member of the section nominated by the section). These sections representatives, together with the Council Chairman, Council Chair-elect (Council Vice Chair), and immediate past Council Chair, constitute the SPE Nigeria Council Leadership. Each officer are elected to a three year term starting as Council Vice Chair, then As Council Chair, Finally as Immediate Past Chairman.
Note: Each member can only nominate ONE candidate per position. Multiple nominations for same position from same member will disqualify all nominations from that SPE member.