The Intersection of Information and Energy Technologies – Empowering Women for Digital Age
The world we live in is changing and more than ever before, women have the potential to re-write their stories and be at the forefront of global development. Digitalization presents women opportunities for development and equal participation in creating innovative technologies and solutions for different sectors of the economy.
However, the task ahead is empowering women to take advantage of the opportunities that digital technology presents for their career. Therefore, this topic will focus on the potentials for women to excel and present the opportunities to learn new skills to meet the digital demands of the 21st century while identifying the barriers that limit women’s advancement in a digital age.
Date/Time: Tuesday 06 Aug. 2019 | 1300 - 1630 Venue: Grand Ball Room Suites, Eko Hotels & Suites
Highlights of Presentations!
Special Address on Breaking Your Inner Boundaries; Excellence through Self Actualization
Studies have shown that men are bold to take up new challenges even while 50% ready but women shy away from opportunities even while 80% ready. The focus of this topic is on how women can overcome inertia, stop being their greatest obstacle, show boldness and break away from perceived limiting factors thereby advancing their careers, start-up new business and utilize their potential for self-fulfillment.
The popular belief and understanding for majority of people is that digitalization will lead to job cuts. This notion leads to lots of anxiety and trepidation thereby making a lot of people oblivious of the latent advantages.
a) How can one convert this perceived threat to viable opportunities and thus get properly positioned for the future?b) How can one utilize the current digitalization trend for economic gains and progress not just entertainment?
Gender inequality has been a burning issue worldwide and concerted efforts have been on-going to strike a balance between both genders even in developed countries. Will the emergence of Artificial Intelligence be the key to unlocking this inequality and closing the existing gap? Are there ways that Artificial Intelligence can be utilized to achieve this?
1. How do I reach the organizers for inquiries? Please email us at email@example.com
2. How much do I need to pay to attend? This is a FREE event
3. If I have registered for NAICE, do I need to register for this event separately? Yes click on the Register Now link
4. Does registration for this event give me access to other events at NAICE? No, you will need to register for those events.
5. What do I have to bring onsite to attend? Printed copy of registration confirmation email
6. What time does the seminar start/finish? The seminar starts at 13.00 and will finish by 15:30.
7. I am a man, can I attend this event? Yes the event is open to all genders
Click HERE to register for NAICE2019
Vision of WDP:
To promote the advancement of women professionals (WPs) in Oil and Gas sector in Nigeria, by providing a networking platform via the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE).
Past WDP Events
2018 Theme: 'Diversification of the Nigerian Economy: Women Leveraging Existing Opportunities' view page
2017 Theme: "Women in Leadership: Aspire, Invest, Achieve". view page
- Keynote Speaker: Dr Ndidi Nnoli-Edozien
- Keynote Speaker: Mrs. Nnoli Akpedeye
2016 Theme: "Exploring Opportunities for Female Entrepreneurs in the Oil and Gas Sector – Now is the Time".view page
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Amy Jadesimi
2015 Theme: "Global Oil Price Trend; Lessons from the Past and Insights into the Future – Perspective of Women Leaders". view page
- Keynote Speaker: Ms. Elsie Ajayi
2014 Theme: Women in Nigerian Energy Industry: Changing the perception from “Part of the Pack” to “Leader of the Pack”. view page
- Keynote Speaker: Mrs Folurunsho Alakija
2013 Theme: Gender Diversity and Empowering Women Leadership - Benefits to the Oil & Gas Industry