Dear Section Members,
It is my distinct honor to serve as the 2022-2023 chairman of the Society of Petroleum Engineers Dallas Section.
The volunteer SPE Dallas Board of Directors is here to serve you, all 1,069 members to ensure that you get the most out of your SPE membership. This year, as we move past the shadow of the COVID-19 pandemic, our officers are working hard to bring back more in-person meetings and social events. We thank you for your continued support.
Please allow me to introduce our section officers and their responsibilities, and feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or suggestions:
- Alex Shih – Vice Chair/Chairman Elect: monitors section activities and explores opportunities to increase member engagement
- Ana Trevino – Scholarships: manages scholarship application process and distributes funds to students
- Anjali Jha – Programs Chair: organizes speakers for monthly meetings
- Cal Lundberg – Information: communications via event notifications, reminders, and newsletters
- Colin Beasley – Advertising: maintains relationships with current sponsors and attracts new sponsors to the section
- Danny Bell – Community Relations: serves as point of contact for speaking opportunities and engagement in the community including Energy4Me
- David Hamilton – Awards: responsible for regional, national, and international award nominations
- Jamie Heinecke and Madeleine McBee – Treasurer: manage the financial affairs
- Lindsey Kuehner – Digital Engagement: manages LinkedIn page and engages with community through social media platforms
- Orhan Pashayev – Secretary: responsible for ensuring Board meeting arrangements and record keeping
- Patrick PJ Edsall and Clayton Conine – Sports & Social: plan annual Sporting Clays Tournament, Golf Tournament, and Casino Nights
- Pragnya Maruwada – Past Chairperson: assists with board position training, succession planning, and transition of officers and fills committee or sub-committee roles as needed
- Randy Klein – Volunteering Events: organizes community volunteering events such as Future City Competition
- Robert Martinez – Membership Chair: monitors membership trends, membership retention, and engagement
- Sercan Gul – Technology: responsible for SPE Dallas website, event postings, and content maintenance
- Sophie Yi – Education Chair: organizes speakers for monthly study group meetings and summer seminars
- Tara Sharma – Young Professionals Chair: engages with young professionals through various events
Finally, we have some exciting speakers and upcoming events, make sure to check out the SPE Dallas website and LinkedIn to register for the events:
7/20/2022 “The rapidly changing optics of the energy industry emissions” featuring Kevin Hendricks, Environmental Engineering Technical Lead of Denbury Resources.
7/21/2022 Young Professional Event at Katy Trail Ice House Sponsored by Pioneer Natural Resources.
I hope to see you at our upcoming events. Please feel free to contact me with comments, concerns, or questions.