Welcome and Overview
The R&D Technical Section is made up of SPE members interested in research and technology development with applications in the upstream oil and gas industry. The objective of the section is to expedite, facilitate, and provide a forum for discussion and cooperation on petroleum R&D.
- Promote R&D and technology development
- Encourage development of cooperative framework for R&D
- Provide means for communications among the R&D community in the petroleum industry
- Facilitate R&D efforts that meet the needs of industry, government, research companies and institutes, and academia
- Hold annual section meeting at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition to offer opportunities to network and discuss research needs
- Identify major issues/technology areas on which to focus interaction and discussions