Sustainable Oil & Gas Development is a broad scope—within which we intended to focus on issues of climate action, affordable clean energy, clean water, waste reduction and community engagement. (for a good map of how our industry supports Sustainable Development, see joint report on Mapping the oil and gas industry to the Sustainable Development Goals).
A few topics in our queue that we are working to deliver in upcoming meetings:
- Carbon Capture, Use and Storage (CCUS) potential in Calif
- Repurposing abandoned infrastructure for geothermal and/or gas storage
- Offshore decommissioning
- Geochemical process for CO2 mineralization
- Methane emissions monitoring via aerial or satellite imaging.
- New regulatory initiatives and programs
- Renewable energy use within field operations
- SPE’s Gaia Program supporting sustainable development
July 15, 2020 Event
Join us for our second event“Technology and Projects for methane and CO2 emissions in the Petroleum industry in California”
on Wednesday July 15 2020 at 12:00pm (noon) Pacific Time.
Click here for further information
If you have any questions about the California Sustainable Development Study Group—or if you have an idea for a good topic/presenter—please contact Tony Zamora at email@example.com.