If you have not already done so, please 'Sign In' with your SPE.org credentials in the upper right corner; after you have signed in you will then be returned to this page with the 'Apply Today!' button visible.
About the Committee
The Forum Series Implementation Committee is responsible for implementing the SPE Forum Series program, including the planning and conduct of Forums under policies and guidelines approved by the SPE Board of Directors. They report to the Forum Series Coordinating Committee (FSCC).
There are presently 4 regional implementation committees. The FSIC-Europe and FSIC-Americas are looking for volunteers. Terms are 3 years.
Ideally, committee members should have extensive experience with the Forum Series.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong desire to see the Forum Series meet the goals set out in the Forum Series Guidelines
- Prefer experience as a chairperson of a Forum Steering Committee
- Prefer past involvement in multiple Forums
Expected Time Commitment
- Attend 2 meetings per year, in person or by teleconference, with one held at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition
- As Liaison for a Forum Steering Committee, coach the Forum Chairperson, and participate, in-person or by phone, at least 4-5 individual Forum Steering Committee meetings over a 7-9 month period
- Attend the 5-day Forum itself as Liaison
Deliverables and Expectations
- Solicit from the Society membership, including Technical Directors, section officers and Forum participants, topics for future Forums;
- Identify and recommend topics and draft abstracts for Forums for the following year to the FSCC for review and approval Identify and submit recommendations for Chairpersons of approved Forums
- In the role of FSIC Liaison:
- review with the Chairpersons of each Forum the plans and scheduling for individual Forums
- attend or participate by teleconference individual Forum Steering Committee meetings and ensure that the scheduling and planning for each Forum is handled in accordance with policies and guidelines
- attend the Forum itself and act as coach and mentor to the Steering Committee
- prepare and submit a report on the Forum
- Submit recommendations on how to improve the Forum Series to FSCC
Application Processing Time
- Committee members are selected by the FSIC Chairperson
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome by August