If you have not already done so, please 'Sign In' with your SPE.org credentials in the upper right corner. After you have signed in you will then be returned to this page with the 'Apply Today!' button visible.
About the Energy4me Ambassador
The energy4me ambassador promotes energy education specifically based on the energy4me program and curriculum and the instructional needs of schools in local Sections and/or Student Chapters in your geographical area. Energy4me ambassador is expected to provide balanced information to students that:
- use energy4me program and materials to educate k-12 (7-18) students about the energy industry and encourages them to continue studies in STEM subjects
- demonstrates the benefits provided by the oil and gas industry for the public in a manner that can be easily understood
- demonstrates the roles, responsibilities, and benefits of a career in petroleum engineering
Qualifications and Experience
- Active professional/student SPE member
- Effective communication/presentation skills geared toward students
- Attended an energy4me virtual training provided by SPE staff
Expected Time Commitment to Receive Recognition (minimum)
- Two-hour virtual energy4me training
- Approximately 1-2 hours per school visit / classroom presentation
Deliverables and Expectations
- Work closely with the energy4me staff in planning an energy4me event within their local Section/Chapter geographical area.
- Organize school visits/classroom presentations and conduct energy4me activities to schools that otherwise cannot attend SPE organized energy4me events. Energy4me events can be done virtually or in-person.
- Report all Section/Chapter’s energy4me activities by submitting activity report immediately after the event.
Volunteer Recognition will be recorded once a year in January following the year of volunteerism.
For more information visit our volunteer webpage at https://energy4me.org/get-involved/