If you have not already done so, please 'Sign In' with your SPE.org credentials in the upper right corner; after you have signed in you will then be returned to this page with the 'Apply Today!' button visible.
We need volunteers to interview section and student chapter officers who have success stories to share.
What you will do:
- Interview a section or chapter officer about their success story by phone, email, zoom, or method of your choice.
- Collect and write up their story providing all the needed details that explains what their success story is, how it impacted their members or community and how another section or chapter could implement it. Provide a catchy title for the story that is short and descriptive.
- Work with SPE staff.
What is a success story and why the write up?
- A success story is something a section or chapter did well. It might include an event they held, SPE Cares project, or an innovative idea. By sharing their story, other sections and chapters will get ideas on how they too can be successful and inspired to implement the ideas shared. We will share examples of success stories with you so you will have examples to go by.
- Your completed write ups will be included in our quarterly eUpdate which go out to section and student chapter officers.
- Good communication skills
- Good writing and editing skills
Points to remember when writing the article:
- Should be easy to read and professionally written
- Use global language everyone would understand
- Don’t use slang, short-hand, or abbreviated words
- Edit the article so there are no redundancies or typos