USYS Conference Call - MINUTES
April 11, 2017
Submitted By Chris Mentzer
Participating: Acting Chairman: Daniel De Clute-Melancon
Board Members: Susan Nash, Chris Mentzer, Trey Mebane, Ed Tovar, Balaji Ramachandran
SPE Staff: Shasta Foy
Not available: All present.
Other attendees: Patrick Porciello, Josh Covault, Brian Anderson, Hisham Saadawi
NOTE: Action items within meeting minutes are highlighted and have been added to the USYS action items list.
1. ACTION ITEM REVIEW (Mentzer)
· First meeting. For future meetings, the open action items and recently closed action items will be reviewed and updated.
2. INVITED PRESENTATION
- Josh Covault – ASV – Discussion on Industry Code of Conduct
- Will send out slides
3. OTHER DISCUSSION
· Working on Networking wallet cards, getting 1000 printed and sent to Daniel
· Tovar suggested maybe having Humphries from UT Austin talk about spoofing
· Working on a membership contact list or way to contact through the site
· Maybe joint event with AAPG soon
· September time best to get in budgets for sponsors
· JIP ideas survey (has this been assigned to anyone as an action item?)
· Monitoring temporarily abandoned wells?
· Using ROV from boat for pipeline inspection and light intervention (like turning valves)?
· Bring in operators for input
· Tethers/managing tethers
4. NEXT MEETING
TBD. Shasta will send out a meeting notice.