May 2017

           

                    

USYS MINUTES

 

USYS Conference Call

May 18, 2017

Submitted By Chris Mentzer


Participating:       Acting Chairman:  Daniel De Clute-Melancon

                          

Board Members:  Chris Mentzer, Trey Mebane, Ed Tovar, Balaji Ramachandran

 

SPE Staff:  Shasta Foy

 

Not available:  Susan Nash

 

Other attendees: none.

 

 

NOTE:  Action items within meeting minutes are highlighted and have been added to the USYS action items list.

 

1.               ACTION ITEM REVIEW (Mentzer)

 

  • Mebane still working on JIP ideas survey, will send out.

 

2.               DISCUSSION

 

  • 20th of June, main point of call sending out info to growing list of contacts prior to webinar (immediately after call is webinar) SPE R&D tech section

 

  • Membership – IOC/NOC independent engagement, Energy Drone Summit (booth? – probably no)

 

  • Tovar will pitch sponsorship to organizations, DeClute needs to send tech section description

 

  • Collaboration with AUVSI and coordinating meetings

 

  • FAA update maybe pushed

 

  • Oceaneering in July – DeClute to follow up for confirmation

 

  • John Alan – August – How API 17 can apply to unmanned systems

 

  • Ideas for meetings after September – Ground, Kongsberg snake bot, Uber air taxis, academia (Rice – UAV geological survey)

 

  • Need 6 week lead time to set up webinar, need bio, photo, brief abstract, then setup registration link, promote, 2 weeks out is speaker prep session

 

  • Balaji intro to Kongsberg for September talk

 

  • October – ground vehicles with SwRI

 

  • November – Kevin with Hess on health safety

 

  • Sessions on steps for regulations

 

  • Academia contacts for midstream (pipeline inspection, subsea)?  Operator vision?  Tatall (sp?) willing to share presentation?  DeClute to reach out.

 

  • ATCE scheduled for Oct 9-11, panel on unmanned systems

 

  • Late Oct, early Nov for workshop?  Need scheme/topic.  Foy has template, will send out a link.  Possible topic on supply chain management (Hess)?  SPE Forum – future thinking, invitation only, no notes taken, open discussion, Foy sending out info.  DeClute kickoff table of contacts for workshop or forum 

 

  • Scholarship from sponsorship, awards banquet at about a year?

 

  • Future topics survey?

 

  • Foy to send out broadcast e-mail tool info to use for membership.

 

 

3.               NEXT MEETING

 

  • June 20, 2017 8:30am central, followed by webinar

 

 


SPE Unmanned Systems Technical Section

Board Members for 2017-2018

 

Title

Name

Company

Phone

E-Mail

Officers

Chair and Community Webmaster

Daniel De Clute-Melancon

Weatherford

 

(713) 836-4001 (o)

(281) 884-2124 (m)

daniel.declute-melancon@weatherford.com

Program Chair

Susan Nash

American Association of Petroleum Geologists

(918) 560-2604

snash@aapg.org

Administrative Chair

Chris Mentzer

Southwest Research Institute

(210) 522-4240 (o)

(210) 259-5734 (m)

cmentzer@swri.org

Membership Chair

Trey Mebane

Chasm Visions

(512) 560-2583

trey@chasmvisions.com

Treasurer and Sponsorship Chair

Ed Tovar

InTechSys

(512) 431-0545

etovar@intechsys.us

Directors

Academic Director

Balaji Ramachandran

Nicholls State University

 

balaji.ram@nicholls.edu

SPE Liaisons

Technical Activities Coordinator

Shasta Foy

SPE

(972) 952-9514 (o)

(214) 205-2220 (m)

sfoy@spe.org