Light Well Interventions - Applications and Performance in Equinor
by Øyvin Jensen, Manager D&W Interventions, Equinor
Registration only required for the following dinner. The presentation is free for all.
Equinor started using Light Well Interventions – LWI services on subea fields with a few operations in 2000. This service is used to reduce cost of maintenance and operations of subsea fields compared with using mobile drilling units. Today Equinor is the largest user of this services in the world with 68 LWI operations completed in 2018. This service has been through a very good development performance wise with a time and cost reduction of more than 50 % since 2011. The service is further being developed for deepwater operations and also for coil tubing operations. This service will also be important in the future to reduce cost of PP&A for subea wells.
Master of Science graduated in Petroleum Engineering from the Norwegian Institute of Technology (NTH), Trondheim in 1980
40 years membership in SPE (membership since 1979)
Norsk Hydro ASA (1982 – 1989)
Drilling sector, Sandnes and Operations Division in Norsk Hydro, Sandsli, Bergen
- Drilling engineer, Group leader, Supervisor and Manager for subsea technology section in operations
Saga Petroleum ASA (1989 – 1999)
Operations Division in Stavanger
- Manager for subsea technology section and Manager subsea operations.
Norsk Hydro ASA (2000 – 2002)
U&P Operations for Tampen fields
- Operations manager for Tordis & Vigdis fields and Field manager for Tordis & Vigdis fields
Statoil ASA / Equinor (2003 – present)
UPN, Tampen, Snorre Business unit
- Operations manager for Tordis & Vigdis fields with responsibility for production operation, drilling operations on PL 089 and Snorre SPS and subsurface work for PL
- Drilling & subsea Operation manager. Responsibility for operation and maintenance of subsea wells, and drilling, completion and well intervention operations from mobile drilling units in Tampen and Light well intervention in EPN.
Drilling & Well, Stavanger
- Manager Drilling & Well, Responsibility for Subsea well intervention/Light well intervention operation in Statoil