SPE Qatar was established on 25 September 1982 as a professional society represented by SPE members and volunteers residing in Qatar. In 2004, under National Law number 12 SPE Qatar was recognized amongst registered societies governed by the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs in Doha. The current chairman of SPE Qatar is Sheikh Faisal Al-Thani.
SPE Qatar upholds the same mission and vision that is being delivered by SPE around the world.
SPE Qatar has the following technical disciplines:
SPE Qatar is a dynamic section in which they conduct several programs and events throughout the year. These include:
- Distinguished Lecture Program – The Distinguished Lecture Program is one of the most popular programs in both SPE and QSPE. The presentations are on a monthly basis and are delivered by experts from the oil and gas industry. The presenters are invited to share their knowledge on important issues or the latest trends in the industry.
- Women in Energy Chapter – A newer chapter of SPE Qatar, WIE was created to raise awareness of diversity and inclusion in the workplace and empower women to realize their full potential in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Young Professional Chapter– This chapter of SPE Qatar aims at the development of members and non-members in Qatar. Young Professionals are members aged 35 or younger. The program helps acquire professional and soft skills as well as providing networking opportunities to help advance your career
- Student Chapters – There are two student chapters in Qatar that has the full support of QSPE:
- The Qatar University Student Chapter
- The Texas A&M Student Chapter
SPE Qatar also supports other industry related organizations by collaborating with them in certain events and programs such as the Qatar Section of The Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts (QSPWLA) and The Qatar Geological Society (QGS).