The Year Ahead
My wife and I moved to Midland in early 2013, right in the middle of the boom. We very much enjoyed the excitement of a buzzing town full of people working hard to make a living. SPE Permian Basin was something that we got involved with right away – we were able to learn, network, and make some lifelong friends. Four years later, times in the oil patch have grown pretty tough, but through it all, SPE continues to grow and offer more benefit to its members. I am genuinely excited about the year ahead for the Permian Basin Section:
• To kick off our fall events, we would like to invite all members (students, new members, members-in-transition, transferred members, young professionals, and seasoned members, to name a few!) to the Summer Social taking place at Ranchland Hills Golf Club on August 17th from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Your first two beverages will be sponsored by SPE. Please come along to network, socialize and build relationships. We are looking forward to seeing everyone there! Please RSVP here: http://SPEsocial.bpt.me
• The Liquids Rich Conference in Midland is scheduled for September 13th and 14th. Last year’s conference was very successful and well attended, and we look forward to another great SPE Conference right here in our own backyard. More information can be found by searching “Liquids Rich Conference 2017”.
• The following week on September 19th at Ranchland Hills Golf Club, we will host our first Distinguished Lecturer of the year. Mr. Tao Yang of Statoil will be joining us from Norway, and his speech is titled “Estimation of Shale Gas and Oil Properties Based on Field Data.” More details (including ticket sales) can be found here: http://sept2017.bpt.me
• This year’s Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE) is in San Antonio, just a short trip from the Permian Basin! SPE members from all over the world will be attending October 9th through 11th and you won’t want to miss it. More information can be found by searching “SPE ATCE 2017”.
• Looking far into the future, SPE Permian Basin is gearing up for the first ever “Frac Month” in February 2018. Our regular Section Meeting and Study Group meetings will be focused around hot topics in the world of Hydraulic Fracturing, and should be a fun time for everyone. More information to come. Move over, Shark Week!
And of course, be on the lookout for our regularly held meetings as advertised in the Pipeline, on our website, in our emails and on our “SPE Permian Basin” LinkedIn group.
2017-18 SPE Permian Basin Chairman
Occidental Permian, Ltd.