Embedding Video and Slideshows
Embedding Multimedia Library Entry Files
Image and Video files uploaded to a are easily displayed on any page of a . An embedded player displays video and image files (via a slideshow) in library "View Document" pages. (The "View Document" page is the webpage where you view a library entry.)
This same player can be accessed to play video and image slideshows within User Control Content Items on any .
Take the following steps to embed the player. It is easiest to accomplish with multiple browser windows or tabs.
- Navigate to the of the Library Entry whose multimedia content you wish to display.
- Open a new tab or browser window, navigate to the page where you want to add/show the video or slideshow. Click the link to "Add to this Page".
- Name the as you wish and select the where you wish it to render.
- Scroll to page bottom and select "" for the type of content. In the "User Control class or path" field, input rl:EntryFlashPlayer. Click SAVE.
- Leave this tab open while you return to the browser tab/window displaying the View Document page of the content you wish to embed.
- On the View Document page of the library entry, the URL will appear similar to the one below. Copy the portion bolded:
- Return to the browser/tab where you are adding the content item. Double-click on the Parameter called DOCUMENT KEY so that it will add it into the "Use Control Parameters" window. Paste the document key (as shown above) into the parameters field between the " ".
- Add additional for height and width. For a display in a page with a 3-column layout, suggested Parameters are Width="300" Height="249"
- Ensure you have a single space between all Parameters and click "save". This will return you to viewing the webpage where the video or slideshow will be embedded.
- Adjust the Content Item to render in the page as needed. Click "" to see the list of Content Items. Utilize the cut/paste as needed.
Note, the above will only work for content items uploaded to the site.