The Oklahoma City SPE Future Trailblazers is a mentoring program designed to reward top engineering students with a local mentor that will help them transition academic success into professional success. With record undergraduate enrollment and an aging workforce, the need for industry engagement is at an all-time high.
Why is mentoring important?
- Accelerates acclimation to the industry
- Allows for better informed choices
- Helps in identifying skill gaps
- Transfers knowledge of career success factors
As a mentor, the time requirement is minimal. You will only be asked to participate in two scheduled event each semester. Students will have one-on-one access to their mentors throughout the school year by phone or email and, if schedules permit, then in-person meetings are encouraged.
What types of things will be asked of you by your mentee?
- Examples from your professional experience
- Information regarding trends within the industry
- Assistance with developing career goals
- Details about your career path
- Explanation of a typical work week or day
- Job interview tips and/or developing/reviewing resumes
- Additional job training you have pursued
Students who are selected for this program will be expected to exhibit a ‘pay it forward’ attitude of mentoring the next generation of industry professionals through their interactions and relationships with underclassmen on campus. SPE believes that by doing this, we can sustain a rich culture of producing leaders in the petroleum industry.
Please contact Trevor Ingle at email@example.com
if you are interested in participating or sponsoring this new program.
Future Trailblazers Program Summary
Mentor Information Sheet