Welcome and Overview
The Water Handling and Management Technical Section is made up of SPE members interested in
Water Handling and Management with applications in the upstream
oil and gas industry. The objective of the section is to expedite,
facilitate, and provide a forum for discussion and cooperation on water handling and management.
- Promote Water Handling and Management and technology development
- Encourage development of cooperative framework for Water Handling and Management
- Provide means for communications among the Water Handling and Management community in the petroleum industry
- Facilitate Water Handling and Management efforts that meet the needs of industry, government, research companies and institutes, and academia
- Hold annual section meeting at the SPE Annual Technical Conference
and Exhibition to offer opportunities to network and discuss research
- Identify major issues/technology areas on which to focus interaction and discussion
Nominate a colleague for the Distinguished Lecturer Program
Do you know someone who is an authority in their field and an experienced public speaker? If so, nominate them for the SPE Distinguished Lecturer Program.
The October Oil and Gas Facilities is now available. Take a look at the Water Treating Insights column, “Water Management for Hydraulic Fracturing in Unconventional Resources—Part 3, Water Treatment Technologies: Coagulation/Flocculation and Electrocoagulation”...